Developing androgen therapies for breast disease by utilizing the innate breast-tissue-specific hormone/immune interface
who we are
- Havah has completed world leading pre-clinical and clinical trials (Phase I,II and III) to develop androgen-based pharmaceuticals for use in breast disease.
- Havah is one of the first biotechs to utilize the breast tissue specific innate hormone/immune interface.
- Androgens are an essential hormone in both men and women-the balance between estrogens and androgens is critical in the maintenance of hormonal homeostasis and the interface between hormonal function and the immune system.
- Havah Therapeutics lead product delivers a unique androgen product to effect a beneficial tissue specific alteration in estrogen:androgen ratio and reduce breast tissue autoimmune inflammation
An unmet need as recently declared in A Global Consensus Position Statement on the Use of Testosterone Therapy for Women that:
“As no approved female product is presently approved by a national regulatory body, the panel highlighted the pressing need for more research into testosterone therapy for women and the development and licensing of products indicated specifically for women.”
The market targeted by Havah includes the following indications:
- Orphan indications in rare breast disease where autoimmunity is the underlying mechanism of the pathogenesis e.g. granulomatous and peri-ductal mastitis
- Reducing high mammographic breast density known to be associated with;
- An increased risk of breast cancer
- An increased difficulty of breast cancer detection
- Reducing side-effects of breast cancer treatment
Stephen N Birrell, MD PhD
Founder and Chairman
Stephen N Birrell, MD PhD Founder and Chairman
Founder and inventor, 30-year breast cancer specialist/surgeon and renowned medical innovator, clinical oncologist, widely published molecular oncologist in leading journals incl. Nature, founder/ pioneer of three leading (Australian) multi-disciplinary breast centres in both the public and private sectors.
Kathy Harrison, MSc, FIPTA, GAICD CEO
More than 25 years in biotechnology including 9 years in patent attorney practice. Leadership roles in biotech companies have included CEO of ASX listed Dimerix Ltd and current Director of Disruptive Nutrition Pty Ltd. Kathy has extensive experience in intellectual property strategy, commercial drug development strategy and achieving drug development milestones. Kathy’s qualifications in science, intellectual property law and governance provide the depth of skill to lead HAVAH through its next stage of growth.
Ronald Martell, Executive Director
HavaH Therapeutics, Pty Ltd
10-12 New Street
North Adelaide, South Australia 5006
Telephone: +61 8 7200 5606